- Studies show that green tea can increase your metabolic rate safely and without side effects. In other words, it can help you raise your metabolism and burn fat … without exercise! Green tea also contains Theanine, a naturally occurring amino acid that helps you relax and promotes a sense of well being by boosting GABA levels (another "feel good" neurotransmitter) in the body.
Among the studies concerning green tea's effect on weight loss were these recent Japanese studies:
- Study #1 - Ingestion of green tea leads to a reduction in body fat and malondialdehyde-modified LDL in men. In the study, 38 healthy Japanese men were divided into two groups and fed the same diet. One group consumed a bottle of tea containing 690 mg catechin antioxidants per day. After 12 weeks, body weight, BMI, waist circumference, body fat mass and subcutaneous fat area were significantly lower in the green tea extract group than in the control group. 
- Study #2 - A green tea extract high in catechins reduces body fat and cardiovascular risks in humans. In the study, Japanese women and men with visceral fat-type obesity were recruited for the trial. After a 2-week diet run-in period, a 12-week double-blind parallel multicenter trial was performed, in which the subjects ingested green tea containing 583 mg of catechins (catechin group) or 96 mg of catechins (control group) per day. Decreases in body weight, body mass index, body fat ratio, body fat mass, waist circumference, hip circumference, visceral fat area, and subcutaneous fat area were found to be greater in the catechin group than in the control group. 
- Study #3 - In a small study of 10 healthy young males green tea extract was found to cause a 4% increase in thermogenesis, with an overall energy expenditure increase of 4.5%. 
- which is a creeping shrub native to Venezuela and northern Brazil in the Amazon rain forest, is one of the world's richest sources of caffeine. Guarana seeds are also rich in tannins and xanthine alkaloids theobromine.
- is found in Mexico, Central America, The West Indies and South America. It is renowned as a male and female sexual stimulant as well as a weight loss supplement. It helps raise your body's metabolism and it increases your energy level. On top of all that, Damiana works as a laxative which will help remove toxic waste from your system.
When combined with Yerba Mate and Guarana, we'll tell you more about this unique combination in a minute, Damiana has been scientifically proven to produce weight loss results by making you feel more full than you are.
- is a tree native to the rainforests of South America. It is known to promote weight loss and to boost heart health. It can also be used as a pain and headache reliever and energy booster.
When combined, Guarana, Damiana and Yerba Mate produce some incredible weight loss benefits as evidenced by these studies:
- In a 2001 study conducted by Dr. Torben Andersen at Charlottenlund Medical Centre in Denmark, 47 healthy overweight patients used an herbal combination of guarana, yerba mate and Damiana for 45 days. They ended up losing an average of 11 pounds (5 kilograms). The difference was significant when compared to the placebo group, which lost only an average of about 1 pound (0.45 kg). Also noteworthy, the herbal combination delayed gastric emptying by 20 minutes, which means a longer feeling of fullness after eating a meal. 
- is an antioxidant found in red wine, grapes and grape juice that is believed to help boost endurance, prevent weight gain and improve energy.
Among the studies conducted on resveratrol are:
- In one study, resveratrol was shown to kick start the SIRT1 gene, which is thought to aid in fat burning. SIRT1 is believed to halt the formation of immature fat cells which can grow into dangerous abdominal fat. 
- Resveratrol has been shown to halt the formation of baby fat cells, thus providing an effective tool for the millions of people looking for a natural weight loss aide. In a 2006 study, scientists found that overfed mice stopped gaining weight when given resveratrol. The mice also became more fit, healthier and slowed down their aging process. 
- has been widely used for centuries in Eastern countries such as China and Russia to prevent colds and flu and to increase energy, longevity, and vitality as well as to help the body better cope with stress. New studies are also showing that it is highly effective for weight loss and diabetes control.
Among the studies conducted on Siberian Ginseng are:
- One study published in the Phytotherapy Research Journal showed that ginseng effectively inhibits differentiation in the cells that store energy as fat, making the cells less able to complete the fat storage process.
- derived from the pomegranate shrub, or tree, this powerful nutrient has been shown to clear dangerous triglycerides (blood fats) before they are converted to a form of fat which can be stored in our fat cells.
This is important because lowered triglycerides have been shown to reduce the risk for heart disease and death from a heart attack.
Among the studies conducted on pomegranate:
- In a study performed at the University of Edinburgh and reported by the Daily Mail consumption of pomegranate for 30 days was found to sufficiently lower a person's risk of developing fatty cells around the abdomen.